Flame of hope
i really wanna cry, but
my tears are now dry.
i really wanna fall, but
someone's holding on me tight.
i really wanna die, but
something in me is still alive.
soul is crushed, but somehow hope is not.
body wants to die but not my heart.
an extinguished fire, still wanna burn.
making me bright, happy and stronger,
like a warrior.
like an injured lioness, i am trying to emerge back.
i wish i had an angel, i wish i had a well-wisher beside,
but i still have that hope to continue the fight.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Flame of hope by shruti daptardar )
- Heart Strung, Joseph Walden
- It is time, Charity Nduhiu
- A Rainbow holder, Antonio Liao
- The Marketplace, Tony Adah
- Sailing Midnight, Steven Rhoads
- No one is, hasmukh amathalal
- Seizing The Arrears, Dexsta Ray
- I shall sing, hasmukh amathalal
- Thelo (1), Branden Aeling
- Why lord should look, hasmukh amathalal