Flame of hope
i really wanna cry, but
my tears are now dry.
i really wanna fall, but
someone's holding on me tight.
i really wanna die, but
something in me is still alive.
soul is crushed, but somehow hope is not.
body wants to die but not my heart.
an extinguished fire, still wanna burn.
making me bright, happy and stronger,
like a warrior.
like an injured lioness, i am trying to emerge back.
i wish i had an angel, i wish i had a well-wisher beside,
but i still have that hope to continue the fight.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Flame of hope by shruti daptardar )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Democracy, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou