font color='black'bBecause I knew
as a very young child mom's loving touch.
It had a delightfully delicious feel of warmth
and security upon my senses.
Mom was the beginning and ending of my world.
Happiness was playing on the floor, basking
in the sunshine of her sweet smile.
It seemed everyone loved her, and although
She held many people in her heart, she never ran out
of room or love for with the arrival
of each of her 'three' children, her heart grew
And overflowed with new love.
Mom has long since gone to be with the Allah,
but her memory sings to me over the years of carefree,
laughter-filled days of childhood, where everything
was possible-because I knew mom's love.
On Mother's day
Mahfooz Ali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (font color='black'bBecause I knew by Mahfooz Ali )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- went a walk, lee fones
- The Moon's Present Woe, cheryl davis miller
- Funeral, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Mount Patsy Land, Richard Thripp
- dOnE - Paying kEtCh uP, sEaN nOrTh
- Laid as wreath, hasmukh amathalal
- The Coconut, Meena Somasundaram
- O Mother Palestine, Abdul Munim
- With cowardice, hasmukh amathalal
- swimming, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..