Palas Kumar Ray
You have inspired me
to write my first poem in Bengali;
our mother tongue.
So this poem is for you.
This ugly barbed wire fences of border
our possible meet and gossips at noon
Or before that when (1971) an war broke out
between east and west
scattering confused people away from home
into different directions,
possibility of our meeting at noon ended.
Or long before that
possibility of this meeting diminished
when (1947) boundaries of new born countries
were clearly demarcated.
Or even before that
when you and me jointly killed this possibility
long long ago (1905) being affected by
the mockery of partition of Bengal.
Otherwise in this holiday today
as one of your neighbor
I would have been dining in your courtyard
as a self-declared guest
just like our forgotten ancestors.
My love for you. Stay well.
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Palas Kumar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For Ashraful by Palas Kumar Ray )
- ህድደን ዎርድስ - Hidden Words, Is It Poetry
- The blind man., richard harris
- Unbearably, Lilly Emery
- Across the courtyard, Jorge Rolon
- Why Must I Toil?, Monk E. Biz
- Stay Devoted, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- AUTUMN BRIDE, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- As Time Turns, Cathy Hodgson
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz