(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
For My Mother & My Father
Because of who you were and for all the
unanswered questions you left behind, you
compel me to search for more of who I am.
I am forced to explore what lies beneath
the surface of my consciousness.
You have driven me to continually ask...why?
What could I have become? I am likened to a
blind man, stumbling down an unknown path,
searching for what...I do not know.
Now comes the sobering realization that life
is never what it seems to be, but a continuance
of revelations never before know to me.
I know I will not ever fully understand who
you both were.
I am sure of only this:
That the love of your children was without
question...or condition...or reservation.
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For My Mother & My Father by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
- September Rain, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Elusive Is Zen, Tad Russell
- Analogy, Angela K Brown
- Anxiety, Angela K Brown
- Searching for Truth, Angela K Brown
- Lesbians, Angela K Brown
- Blood Runs Deep, Angela K Brown
- Innocence, Angela K Brown
- A Hole That Can't Be Filled, Jon Janson
- A Wilted Rose, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)