Forever Grateful to You
Thank you, for being my shoulder to cry on,
For being there when everyone else was gone.
Thank you, for putting a smile on my face,
And entrapping me in your warm embrace.
Thank you, for the memories that I’ll always cherish,
For letting me know our friendship will never perish.
Thank you, for your words of wisdom,
And making me feel like ‘Queen of the Kingdom’.
Thank you, for helping me overcome my fears,
For being the one who wiped my tears.
Thank you, for helping me through my troubles,
And for being the one to dig me out of the rubble.
Thank you, for showing me all that I can be,
For opening my eyes so I can finally see.
Thank you, for all you have done for me,
For being the greatest a person can be
Thank you, for being honest and true,
And for simply just being You.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forever Grateful to You by Christal Blue )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Forgotten, Donald R Wolff JR
- Art of Hug, maria sudibyo
- Don't Brake The Wings, Arno Le Roux
- They Said, Lonnie Hicks
- Taken As Directed., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Exercises Of The Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Accounting For Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poetry, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Best Is To Forget, Shalom Freedman
- Esta noche, Sergio Jaime