Forgive Me, Friend
You are an angel in my life, a friendship pure and true,
For you I would do anything,
I won’t lose a friend like you.
You fixed my broken wings, taught me how to fly,
So we could soar together through the skies.
You helped me be,
All I could be,
And for that I’m grateful eternally.
When I was near death, you gave me life,
When my days were dark, you made them bright.
Forgive me, friend. Don’t you see?
You’re the one who makes me complete.
You were my sunshine on rainy days,
Made me laugh, made me smile
Made me better in so many ways.
You caught my tears, when they fell,
I told you secrets, you’d never tell.
When my heart stopped, you made it beat,
To me you always have been sweet
Forgive me, friend, for I was wrong,
If you don’t I’ll miss you all life long.
I’m sorry for all that I have done,
When we’re together, we have so much fun.
So now I pray,
For you today,
That you will forgive my foolish ways.
Forgive me, friend, I love you so,
I don’t want to have to let you go.
I ask of you, from the depths of my heart,
Could we start our friendship anew?
From you I loathe to be apart.
For give me, friend,
Because ‘till the end,
I’ll always care for you.
Forgive me, friend,
Because ‘till the end,
I’ll do all I can for you.
Kelly Curiel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forgive Me, Friend by Kelly Curiel )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1914 - 1955)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Christ: The Light Of The World, Denis Martindale
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Compunction, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Strange Random Thoughts For A Fireside C.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Behind Lashes, naida supnet
- Timeless Era Of Thought, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Those Ignorant Steps, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Pen Me Passion, Shania K. Younce
- Curiosity's Appetite, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Why Do Bad Things happen to good people?, Shania K. Younce
- Kira My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Full Understanding, RoseAnn V. Shawiak