The forgotten future of what should have been.
It's crumbled at our feet,
gone and most certainly dead.
The mournful times I now must face.
Companionship and love without a trace.
A forgotten future that filled me with endless hope.
Now so barren and fruitless it makes me choke.
Forgotten future where did it go?
A nuclear winter with in my black soul.
Broken hearted soul bereft.
I face this forgotten future now with death.
No other way to kill the pain.
In a forgotten future it matters not here anyway.
The forgotten future that was held so dear.
I grabbed and fed for many a year.
It was my life, it was my hope.
Now it hangs me with short rope.
The end is nigh.
I need not fear,
the relief I seek is very near.
Forgotten future now grows dark.
As the memory of me will soon be marked.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forgotten Future by Michael McParland )
- You are young, hasmukh amathalal
- Poetry, Jesus James Llorico
- Do not ask, hasmukh amathalal
- My View of Heaven, Von Kimball Barney
- Forlorn Child., Marcondes Pereira
- I AM WOMAN, bill costley
- Experiment life, gajanan mishra
- Socialism - Vs - Anti -socialism, ramesh rai
- Beauty Rarely, Casey Renee Kiser
- Smiles, Shawn Montgomery