The forgotten future of what should have been.
It's crumbled at our feet,
gone and most certainly dead.
The mournful times I now must face.
Companionship and love without a trace.
A forgotten future that filled me with endless hope.
Now so barren and fruitless it makes me choke.
Forgotten future where did it go?
A nuclear winter with in my black soul.
Broken hearted soul bereft.
I face this forgotten future now with death.
No other way to kill the pain.
In a forgotten future it matters not here anyway.
The forgotten future that was held so dear.
I grabbed and fed for many a year.
It was my life, it was my hope.
Now it hangs me with short rope.
The end is nigh.
I need not fear,
the relief I seek is very near.
Forgotten future now grows dark.
As the memory of me will soon be marked.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forgotten Future by Michael McParland )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Arrival, Michael McParland
- The Answer, Michael McParland
- A Message from Heaven, Clara Keiper
- Sweet Loving Mammeries, Michael McParland
- Sweet Girl, Michael McParland
- Sub Par, Michael McParland
- Stupid Dreams, Michael McParland
- Striking Beauty, Michael McParland
- Stressed Countenance, Michael McParland
- Spinning, Michael McParland