God: How Does He Love Me?
How does He love me? Let me count His ways.
He loves me to the depth and breadth and height
His soul's almighty reach, when His figure out of sight.
For the end of my ways, and my new being.
He loves me to the level of everyday's
Most unknown need, by salt and light.
He loves me freely, over men's rules and curse.
He loves me purely, as they preach and praise.
He loves me with His passion for world to abuse.
His comfort for my griefs, and strength for my unseen faith.
He loves me with a love I dare not to lose.
On His lonely journey, - He loves me with His breath,
Smiles, tears, and His painful agony! - For God already chose
that He shall love me beyond death.
Inspired by Elizabeth Barrett Browning's Sonnet 43 - How do I love thee?
Laijon Liu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (God: How Does He Love Me? by Laijon Liu )
- Lack of money does not mean lack of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On The T.V., Hannah Bryson Price
- Why do need wisdom anytime?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- it is almost poetry, Mandolyn ...
- Wisdom's great aim, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Our world is without any kind of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dream packed drama, hasmukh amathalal
- A fool واحد احمق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Quite same, hasmukh amathalal
- Lack of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Federico García Lorca
(5 June 1898 – 19 August 1936)