Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
Hail, Oh Masquerades!
Hail thee, the head that bears our wisdom!
Hail thee, the eyes that see our future!
Hail thee, the mouth that utters our oracles!
Hail thee, the face that mirrors our past!
Hail thee, the heartbeats of our customs!
Hail thee, the veins of our history!
Hail thee, the joints of our people!
Hail thee, the bones of our warriors!
Hail thee, the arbiters of our land!
Hail thee, the guardians of our mores!
Hail thee, the strength of our weak!
Hail thee, the shoulders of our helpless!
Hail thee, the joys of our seasons!
Hail thee, the chain between our two worlds!
Hail thee, the farewell bidders of our greats!
Hail thee, the headmen of our servants!
Hail thee, oh spirits of our fathers!
Hail thee, oh eyes of our deities!
Hail thee, oh the prestige of our culture!
Hail thee, oh our great and dear masquerades!
Christian Tobechukwu Okafor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Hail, Oh Masquerades! by Christian Tobechukwu Okafor )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Survivor's Guilt, Roy Blokker
- Right or wrong!, Mark Heathcote
- Graveyard, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Symphony of Discords By K.V.Suryanarayan.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Our Roads, Somanathan Iyer
- It's Not Just Rain, Daniel Skentelbery
- The Day After I Shouted Abuse at the Queen, Daniel Skentelbery
- Name-Calling, Diane Hine
- A pan fried fish…?, Mark Heathcote
- The Persecuted, Sandra Feldman