Heart Broken With Shattered Dreams...
My days are long, my nights are cold
Without you here for me to hold.
The moment we kissed, I knew it was right
To love you & want you with all of my might.
The hopes that we shared, the dreams that we dreamt
Then you turned around & said nothing was meant.
The memories we've got, the joy & the pain
Are finished, forgotten - you wont try again.
You said that you care, that's no longer enough
So you just up and leave - the woman that I love.
You want to be free, to chat up with the boys,
The tall ones, the short ones, the blacks and the whites;
You never told me these things you were feeling
You've broken my heart & I cant see it healing.
I hope that you're happy in all that you do
That my pain & my hurt YOU never go through.
You weren't just my love but my best friend as well.
I gave you my all when in love I fell.
If I meet someone else, and I'm not sure I will
This hole in my heart she never can fill.
With you all my dreams looked like coming true
You've robbed me of those, what can I now do?
You said that you loved me, that we should get wed.
We then bought a house, new kitchen & bed!
But now its all over, you want me no more
Swept out of your life like the dust on the floor.
If you want to re-live the great times we had,
Just give me a ring, I'll be only too glad.
Samuel Newton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heart Broken With Shattered Dreams... by Samuel Newton )
- Smoking is Injurious to Health, Aftab Alam
- While crying, let me smile, gajanan mishra
- Butterfly's Flight, Steve Kittell
- Then and Now, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Atomic Genius, Naveed Akram
- Grieving, Phil Soar
- Watering the plants, gajanan mishra
- Wait for, hasmukh amathalal
- Wings On Winter, Don Blumenthal
- Muse, Stefan Pryce
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)