Her Love Is Dead
Love is blind; but still we see the lying, cheating, heart.
This stranger we no longer know; who rips our life apart.
Where is the one who shared my love, my precious darling girl?
She's gone away and somehow changed; now jaded by the world.
Her perfume fill this empty place; it's all that still remains
Of the love we shared so sweet, before I went insane.
Her empty words and promises lie scattered on the floor.
The bitter trail of pain so cold; her footsteps out the door
I look inside and try to find what caused this to begin.
What made the one I love so dear lust after other men?
I just don't care, this isn't fair, it hurts so bad inside.
The burning anger just won't stop; but still I sit here crying
I've almost gone half crazy; it seems the pain won't end.
I've changed inside, I cannot smile, I will never love again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Her Love Is Dead by Mark Normand )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Drop In The Bucket, Michael McParland
- Drifting Hell, Michael McParland
- Dreams, Michael McParland
- Doubting, Michael McParland
- Don't Tell Me, Michael McParland
- In Memoriam, Sandra Feldman
- Don't Say, I Said, Michael McParland
- Don't Say Goodbye, Michael McParland
- To you My Friend!, Shaila Touchton
- Domestic Dreams, Michael McParland