Abodes of snow
Truly the ranges
Where gods reside.
Sun keeps crawling
Across the peaks
Beckons the climbers.
Hillary and Norgay
Took no rest
Until they reached
There were others
Who scaled the peaks
And there were many
Who could never reach.
Just a few peaks.
Ganges and Indus
Mekong and Yangtze...
Perennial rivers start
And civilization flows.
Invite us all
To behold and rejoice.
Tirupathi Chandrupatla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Himalayas by Tirupathi Chandrupatla )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- you remain beneath the swing set, Mandolyn Davidson
- though foe, you friend me well, Mandolyn Davidson
- To Nuke the Mirror, Madrason writer
- Nothing Beats Love, Lilly Emery
- Resolution, Alex Adeoye
- The way of the champion, Alex Adeoye
- Judging A Woman, Randy McClave
- Water and Ink, Carly Hagerty
- feel IT in the hair,, george albot
- Battles above, and Battles below, Lilly Emery