I waited so long
To get to where I got
All my insides poured
Through a tiny slot.
Every time I fell through
Slipped so I could rest on you.
I was almost there
Close to fully falling through
Then you did what you always do
I was no longer almost all with you.
Parts of me here
The rest scatter there
But you and I
Make a lovely pair.
Laura Raimondo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hourglass by Laura Raimondo )
- My Dear Sweet Kira, Michael McParland
- The Writing Competition!, Denis Martindale
- Daru Piyo, Talk To The Girl And Do Naxal.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love and Strange Horses—Intima', Nathalie Handal
- debris, oskar hansen
- Les Éventails, Portraits of Passion, Nathalie Handal
- The Hooked & Crooked Men As The Communis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Star chat........., SALINI NAIR
- Chicane, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Just A Few Simple Words, Electric Lady
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1886 - 1967)