Palas Kumar Ray
How Much Of Money?
How much of money'll quench my thirst?
Where lies the point of satisfying lust?
How much of money'll give me very trust
'Now I'm rich, I shouldn't worry must'?
How much of money'll bring me cherished peace?
Or it shall ever remain, beyond, beyond reach?
How much of money'll give me sure joy
saying 'got it enough ' I'll feel it to enjoy?
How much of money'll gift me sound sleep?
Or shall it ever elude, ever evade, slip?
How much of money'll get me real heart?
Or shall I search it among all dubious flirt?
How much of money'll get me real friend?
Or shall I loose them all before reaching end?
How much of money'll vanish those are foes?
Or they'll breath me before as I become loose?
How much of money'll set me free from fear?
Or they'll seize tomorrow, chase me far and near?
How much of money'll keep me ever sane?
Or I'll find me among who've gone insane?
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Palas Kumar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (How Much Of Money? by Palas Kumar Ray )
- Mere Maula, Mere Maula, Rakesh Sinha
- Fact, Somanathan Iyer
- missing my son, jaquesha webb
- Love is tolerance, Somanathan Iyer
- Flattered lives, Somanathan Iyer
- Live Paintings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Colorless Light, Sandra Feldman
- The ragged men of Indian English poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Thoughts, nicholle gibson
- PH: Sin: The Wages Of Sin, Brian Johnston
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Art of Disappearing, Naomi Shihab Nye
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Friends Departed, Henry Vaughan
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)