Human and Life
It is a fine art to go, to leave, to arrive alive,
Like a newborn baby, five fingers, five toes, a nose.
We thought it unthinkable at the time,
Every chime of a silent bell counting us down,
Counting us out, but rowing ahead, with every heave
I achieve and believe what is true, with every breath
Further away from death, closer to you.
We created our room, a space like a womb,
Away from the world, like the first ever twins,
Where the sins cannot reach, cannot touch us now,
No window to breach, no hunger or thirst,
Only us and the moon, we go where we go,
We know what we know and soon we grow
Together and with our room toward a first, new birth.
We create and enjoy in stages and phases,
An eon or age meaningless, create fate as a
Soulmate, fearless now, fearful then, but in awe
We stare, can barely understand it is no chance,
With one breath and one glance we sow and reap,
Love it so much, even hate to sleep, but life
Is the best, smile together or separate rest.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Human and Life by Jan Hauck )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- What I Hold Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Signature Rythmn, Bob Bradley
- Privileged Society, Bob Bradley
- My Little War, Bob Bradley
- Where is it?, Fahri Tasim
- am i pretty?, Rodney R. Cooper
- true story, bro, Mandolyn ...
- What Would I Had Done, Abekah Emmanuel
- beautiful girl nice face, lee fones
- Let's Have A Party!, mary douglas