devon da poet
Humility: The key to success
Burglar proof churches,
In libraries and museums.
They're shut tightly with iron gates
and huge chains.
False artifacts and fiction books,
The facts are not displayed.
Every building man made are prisons.
We're all dressed in orange.
Handcuffed and mouth-muzzled,
Failure at hand,
In the silence we stand.
Televisions and computers;
Who knows how they operate?
These everyone do operate.
Still we're all educated?
Are you an illiterate?
Achievements are limited.
How much more can you know?
What little can you do?
The president's a failure.
Scientists can't find cures.
Doctors weren't thought how to heal.
Lawyers have learnt ways to violates the law.
Nurses are scared of blood.
Teachers were deceived.
Criminals lead the CIS.
The devil has infiltrated the church.
Money has devalued.
Cars are in more abundance than people are.
Banks are selling over homes cheaply.
Land has lost its fertility.
Machinery creates unemployment.
Everyone can live without entertainment.
devon da poet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Humility: The key to success by devon da poet )
- Time Passes By..., Alvin Jenner
- Comments, Frank Avon
- Raining Hay, Julian Mann
- Belief on God, HARIOM RASTOGI
- Creativity, Tex T Sarnie
- Three Small Fancies, Ananta Madhavan
- Sips through lips, Aftab Alam
- The Mature Woman 2, Tex T Sarnie
- Invitation for Re - Opening Ceremony!, sisirachandra vaduge
- Unbarreled Gun, Edwin Cordero
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)