I Am Not Evil
I am not evil or a liar my darling one.
Just a man who for so long had to protect a fragile heart.
I know it makes no sense to you,
it makes no sense to anyone I ever knew.
I've tried to let you see inside heal my pain and regain pride.
I know I've failed you once again.
I'm not an easy man to deal with in this worldly plan.
I assure you though I am not evil,
no desire to hurt and burn you.
Just a man with fierce defenses that are arduous to break through.
I assure you darling one that I'm not evil.
For you I'm filled with the purest love no human could ever equal.
You're my angel my precious gem.
Please know that I am not evil,
I'm just a man that holds your countenance deep within my heart you're a shining star that fills my heart
a gleaming soul I see with virtue to no end.
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am Not Evil by Michael McParland )
- Gans Veer, Madrason writer
- Be What You Are, Lilly Emery
- The abrupt end., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Native land., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Believe in Yourself Worth, Lilly Emery
- Odd One Out, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Do without It, Anirudh Rawat
- Don't Be Afraid, Lilly Emery
- Be, Andy Caldwell
- Tree saplings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)