I CHOOSE TO DIE
Now that i shall sink and die in the nadirs of my own house;
And my tears shall trickle down and fall on the distrait soils of my land,
Now that i shall fall and wither
If at all I have to free myself from the need to be free
Now that I shall not live to see the tomorrow of tomorrow;
Where putrid hope is the best foundation for all choice,
The old remain in power and the youth can't raise a voice!
decreipt political shafts burn their dreams in to a desultory patch!
Now that i shall not live to see the breech birth of a born again religion;
that will denude minds and lead them astray
And its servants claim the word for a grist to their mill or play,
Faith unfaithful keep them falsely true!
Now that i shall not live to witness those civil contretemps evolve Into wars,
while the government like Giles in the old rhyme wonder whether they
are a government or not!
And their fatal blindness to immemorial history's warning signals
makes them to embrace further difficulties and further predicaments!
Now that i shall not be there to witness the ramifications of being there,
Now that i shall be there not to see not
that i shall breath my last and not be there to see
Mpho Leteng's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I CHOOSE TO DIE by Mpho Leteng )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Sitting Down On The Tracks While The Tra.., mary douglas
- Small verse, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Usual rote Of sadness, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Non-playing Captain, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Iron, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Horses that rise high, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Beauty was of my body, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Blood rising to the rim, Emmanuel George Cefai
- MUSICA, Walter Sanson Lotilla
- The wonders of a night, Emmanuel George Cefai