I CHOOSE TO DIE
Now that i shall sink and die in the nadirs of my own house;
And my tears shall trickle down and fall on the distrait soils of my land,
Now that i shall fall and wither
If at all I have to free myself from the need to be free
Now that I shall not live to see the tomorrow of tomorrow;
Where putrid hope is the best foundation for all choice,
The old remain in power and the youth can't raise a voice!
decreipt political shafts burn their dreams in to a desultory patch!
Now that i shall not live to see the breech birth of a born again religion;
that will denude minds and lead them astray
And its servants claim the word for a grist to their mill or play,
Faith unfaithful keep them falsely true!
Now that i shall not live to witness those civil contretemps evolve Into wars,
while the government like Giles in the old rhyme wonder whether they
are a government or not!
And their fatal blindness to immemorial history's warning signals
makes them to embrace further difficulties and further predicaments!
Now that i shall not be there to witness the ramifications of being there,
Now that i shall be there not to see not
that i shall breath my last and not be there to see
Mpho Leteng's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I CHOOSE TO DIE by Mpho Leteng )
- How To Tie The Knot, Foster Teegarden
- hurry husband, shush my alliteration, Mandolyn ...
- Sharp Is The Bite, Donald R Charon
- Erato my Muse of love poetry. (Part 2), Erato
- Headache, Foster Teegarden
- Autumn Season, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- mommy, Josephine Taylor
- Friendly Union, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Your Guardian Angel, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Green Iris, Foster Teegarden
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)