I'd run away with you, Medusa
I think it’s my eyes—
they’re green with blue rings around them
and gold specs poking out of my pupils.
it must be my eyes,
what draws everyone near.
it has to be me eyes
that makes people think that maybe
with my thoughts,
if i could change anything about me,
it’d be my eyes.
i would give them back to my father,
thanking him for being so kind and generous
but i don’t need them anymore;
happily, gratefully i would walk the world
without glancing at anything
if it meant that people wouldn’t
mistake me for a good person.
thank you, but don’t look me
in the eyes.
Poet Other Poems
- Abuelita's Gardening Tips
- As a reminder of who I truly am and what...
- Bits of Me
- Careful what you wish for
- Circles of You
- Don't expect me to say this out loud
- Eleven things that have happened since I...
- Filling Up the Pieces
- Five is a bad number but at least it's g...
- Forget Freedom
- Fossils & Artifacts
- From the three nights I spent with you
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.