I'll Hold You Close
Distant memories lost in time,
I close my eyes and think of you.
Memories of the way we were,
Glaze my eyes, like morning dew.
I hear your voice so clearly now,
A loving smile, lights up your face.
We walk together, hand in hand,
Then head for home, that special place.
I miss your love, I miss those times,
The love you shared, your love for me.
It broke my heart, you fell asleep,
No greater friend will ever be.
I'll hold your memory close to heart,
Your love will flow within my veins.
I'll hold you close, right to the end,
My dear Mum, we'll meet again.
Jayne Davies's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I'll Hold You Close by Jayne Davies )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Something nags me!, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- Cosmology, Don Tiedemann
- In Lamplight, Don Tiedemann
- Denouncing Trinity, Richard Thripp
- A Hollow Spaceship, Richard Thripp
- My Worn Heart, Liilia Talts Morrison
- 1912 through 1916, Richard Thripp
- Monarch Butterfly, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Mooch Winnipeg, jerome moore
- yer mom hath a lithp, Mandolyn Davidson