I Never Left Them Behind
This was last year
Those circumstances didn't change
No cash no gas
Making sure my friends had food
Even in the rain
So it hasn't been the same
Telling other people I'm the reason for the different ways
That's a lie...
People see what they want to
I never crossed a soul!
Hate and jealousy poked through
Listened to the lies
But avoid what they know is true
By I don't even know who!
I tried to lend a hand but they resented it
Making me into an evil person when I'm innocent!
Looking for a problem...
No respect because they ended this!
Blaming it on me and I could see envy was imminent
Now please could you give me a break?
Knowing anytime you called me
I'd fix you a plate...
How insensitive could yall be?
Remember this face?
Same person you would call things
Winning his race and chasing dreams...
Close friends are considered my family
So I can't stay true to a person who's stabbed me
If I don't trust you...
I won't keep you around me
And you can lie to them
But I can see what you're 'bout G!
So you can do your thing
Pursue your mission without me
I don't need the fake love and help
I never crossed a soul and I never ever left...
I wish I would've known how those people really felt
Then I would've gone long ago and watched my steps
And if you keep those lies up and claim you follow God
He'll rise up and start to getting tired
And brother I rebuke you and curse your evil mind
Any wicked minded scheme that you plot on me will die
Dexsta Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Never Left Them Behind by Dexsta Ray )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(10 February 1970-)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Night Thought, William Wordsworth
- A Prayer For My Daughter, William Butler Yeats
Poem of the Day
- As lovely chance, hasmukh amathalal
- Worldly pleasure, gajanan mishra
- Create sweetness, hasmukh amathalal
- No Means No, Gillu Rahul
- Self Pride, Katherine Perry
- Father, hafiz qasim
- who stole my thunder, Cee Bea
- The Poet in Crossroad, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Communists Turn Autocratic and Dictatorial, Bijay Kant Dubey
- what to say, Cee Bea