I Never Left Them Behind
This was last year
Those circumstances didn't change
No cash no gas
Making sure my friends had food
Even in the rain
So it hasn't been the same
Telling other people I'm the reason for the different ways
That's a lie...
People see what they want to
I never crossed a soul!
Hate and jealousy poked through
Listened to the lies
But avoid what they know is true
By I don't even know who!
I tried to lend a hand but they resented it
Making me into an evil person when I'm innocent!
Looking for a problem...
No respect because they ended this!
Blaming it on me and I could see envy was imminent
Now please could you give me a break?
Knowing anytime you called me
I'd fix you a plate...
How insensitive could yall be?
Remember this face?
Same person you would call things
Winning his race and chasing dreams...
Close friends are considered my family
So I can't stay true to a person who's stabbed me
If I don't trust you...
I won't keep you around me
And you can lie to them
But I can see what you're 'bout G!
So you can do your thing
Pursue your mission without me
I don't need the fake love and help
I never crossed a soul and I never ever left...
I wish I would've known how those people really felt
Then I would've gone long ago and watched my steps
And if you keep those lies up and claim you follow God
He'll rise up and start to getting tired
And brother I rebuke you and curse your evil mind
Any wicked minded scheme that you plot on me will die
Dexsta Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Never Left Them Behind by Dexsta Ray )
- How Are You Hittin' It?, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- The Forsaken Tradition, ALEX OGOH
- The different images in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- India To Vow, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A Touch of Fall, Rhonda Trull
- YEN, Gina Borrebach
- Geleefd, geliefd, verzonken, Madrason writer
- That coming Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Set of Compromises, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- A Fundamental Fruit Of The Soul, Romella Kitchens
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Lilly Emery