If A Smile Was A Symphony
I don't understand why you waste your time,
On videos of girls with make up who aren't worth your dime.
You call them 'beautiful' and get sad,
By hearing this you should understand why I get so mad.
These girls don't have what you do;
A fine body, a warm heart, well they're just not you.
I could go on all day,
But you're probably going to dismiss most of what I say.
You have to stop putting yourself down,
You're amazing! Deal with it, and don't frown.
Forgive me for this because maybe I shouldn't of said anything,
Then again it's for you so it's worth it but please forgive the wording.
Okay, I'll stop now as I've gone on a bit,
Oh actually I nearly forgot you're brilliant as you're full of wit.
All I really wanted to say was that even though you'll probably believe the opposite,
I hope someday you realise you're perfect because you're you and that's exquisite.
Drew Verona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (If A Smile Was A Symphony by Drew Verona )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- BEFORE YOU CAST THE STONE, kevinsky nyaga
- Remembering you Bother, NEDRA WILSON
- Noemia de Sousa (The Poem of Joao), African Poems
- Hard Times for Horses, Janet Armstrong
- Pappou Elias' Poem, Elia Michael
- Dispirited Humanity, Aftab Alam
- A nonentity's. Life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Girl, We Both Suffer, Ronell Warren Alman
- But you are abandoning me, gajanan mishra
- I am going to meet an end, gajanan mishra