In My Eyes My Love Shall Always Be Beautiful
Everytime I say 'you are beautiful',
You say no,
'I was lovely before not at present',
But does the beauty of moon becomes less,
When it turns crescent!
I think my answer is a sure no,
Then how come you thought so,
Who told you have lost your grace,
When I can still die over your glowing face...
You still are as adorable as you were at nine,
Tenderness of yours has been away from affecting time,
Cheecks; Lips with their pinkish glow,
Sweet untoned voice's melodious flow,
Forces me to think nothing except you!
What others say I don't care,
Except my heart nothing else I hear,
You were beautiful and always will be,
If not for others then atleast for me...
Ankur Thakur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
the dark spots on her face still existed...
Heartbroken she told her boyfriend to leave her and look for someone else as she no longer matched his company!
In return, at that moment the boy walked off; leaving the girl in tears,
but at night when everything was at peace, he texted her this poem!
And that boy was....
Comments about this poem (In My Eyes My Love Shall Always Be Beautiful by Ankur Thakur )
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Anecdote of the Jar, Wallace Stevens
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Richard Cory, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Pain, Pain Knows No Race, Hebert Logerie
- God's Hands Of Love, Tom Zart
- Alone, Samantha Gronn
- David, Casey Renee Kiser
- She Stuck Her Butt Out At Me..., wanderer sailor
- Nine Views of the Huangshan, Paul Hartal
- Trying to Say Goodbye, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Autumn, Leong Ming Loong
- Colors, Tom Squires
- वक्त का तकाजा है vakt ka takaaja hai, hasmukh amathalal