A paranoid intensity, anxiety, the almost
Unbearable need to break out,
To rationalize joy like a birthday clown,
And I feel, I feel and I cannot think it away,
There is beauty around me.
I feel and see the majestic divinity of nature,
The creativity in me and around,
Life has through me, a human, developed
The ability to recognize itself, to enjoy itself
In a play of grotesque.
What is the meridian of life, the pinnacle
Of sanity? Can I still transform, merge,
Be a shapeshifter, a drifting plank today,
A wheel in the machine tomorrow?
Left to rust and rot.
Wake up, wake up, reveille! End the illusions,
Grasp matter, grasp life, immerse yourself,
Feel, create, understand! No time for fear,
No time for questions! Function!
Function now! Grow up, wake up!
Jan Hauck's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Infinite Morning by Jan Hauck )
- TWO LOVERS ON A PORCH IN THE MIDWEST, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- See and feel, gajanan mishra
- Am i here by virtue of the shadows, cristobal Benjumea
- SOME THOUGHTS ABOUT THE SUN, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- I am always with you, gajanan mishra
- SOFT POCKET HERCULES, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- You cannot go, gajanan mishra
- Rebecca, Claudia Scott
- DREAM TIME, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- ABOUT NOTHING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)