Inside The Mind Of An Outsider
I am here, inside the outside.
I have been here for a while,
now. You never know exactly
when, or how it comes about,
but none of that matters, anyhow.
The key is that once inside,
you begin to belong and
you begin to get along
with the others, here, outside.
Morbidity morphs into the familiar
and the comprehensible,
once you're in the outside.
I hear the others, inside,
the ones who have not lost
their mind yet, to find
their way to here, the outside.
Their wasted words still echo
in my ears. They are sad for,
sadness hasn't reached them yet.
We talk, these insiders, and I,
like two stars passing each other
in the night. Their light shines
off me and mine does not. Neither
cold nor warmth are exchanged.
Neither recognizes the other,
as they are still, without,
and I am now well within,
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Inside The Mind Of An Outsider by Mike Acker )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Not Missed, Michael McParland
- Trigger Happy, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- I Am Nobody, Michael McParland
- Goodbye, Michael McParland
- Farewell, Michael McParland
- Falling, Michael McParland
- The Poet's License, Tony Adah
- A Journey That Ended In Laughs, Michael McParland
- Is life an error?, gajanan mishra
- Life's Connection, Sandra Feldman