Palas Kumar Ray
That day I was visiting my friend
with a broken leg in a hospital
who had his mobile phone on.
This instrument hardly allows
anyone else to come close
or talk to you.
The other day when I was at home
my other friend came
and found me busy with internet.
I felt the same at the hospital
what my other friend felt
during his visit to my home.
Later I found some shortage of time
to meet my friend at hospital but
talked to him over phone time to time.
Think my other friend also some day
shall stop visiting my home
and send me frequent emails.
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Palas Kumar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Instrument by Palas Kumar Ray )
- We, Yohan Confectioner
- Trust None, Even Me!, Sir Toby
- More Deliberately Taken, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Ah, money!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- We shall overcome someday, Vidura Prabhath
- Jadavpur University Campus And The Lefti.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Excellence, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Chains, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- New Dawn, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Stolen Ancient Landmark, Sir Toby
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)