JEAN THE STORYTELLER
I'm wearing a sparkling blue ring,
from precious Mother Emma Jean.
This ring gives me power to story-tell,
Emma Jean told stories and she did it well.
Now she told a story I will never forget,
she weaves the story of the "Headless Horseman".
telling her story in Missouri at a really young age,
better then Grimm's Fairy Tales writes it on the page.
Her voice changes in fluctuation and stance,
weaving words like a rhythmic dance.
Even though Emma Jean's gone,
I will tell her stories so they will live on.
Written by Suzae Chevalier on Feb.15,2011
Suzae Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (JEAN THE STORYTELLER by Suzae Chevalier )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Humanity in person, hasmukh amathalal
- Perfect Union, Anu Shraddha
- Dafur crisis, Lubinda Lubinda
- Boy vs girl, Mark Heathcote
- remplaçable, Lubinda Lubinda
- Human Nature, Merton Lee
- Those Moments Of Weakness لحظات الضعف هذه, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Money (Cedi), Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- Off the Rez, Smoky Hoss
- As an emigrant كمهاجر, MOHAMMAD SKATI