I know this girl...whos called Leanne,
She is that special...I have had to change, my whole 'looking for love' master plan.
Awlough I feel like, her biggest fan,
I cant tell her...because she is with, another man.
I used to think, that in Love I knew it all,
been played around with, and too many times, even played the fool.
Thought I was done, I no longer could trust my old plan,
until that very fine day, when I met Leanne.
At first I just fancied her, and I knew of this other man,
but after a year of knowing her...I now need another plan.
Every time i see her, I have to try to look away,
because when our eyes meet, I get lost in all I say.
Her smile, her looks, her lovely way,
everything about her... I just want, and I want it every single day.
I just wish I had a magic spell,
to make this fine women... my special girl.
I dont need, another no hope looking for love unworkable plan,
I just need...Leanne x
James Irwin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Leanne by James Irwin )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Angler's Ballad, Charles Cotton
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- A Preface to My Autobiography, Valsa George
- Haiku - Life, chandra thiagarajan
- An educational song., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Not permanent, hasmukh amathalal
- UNKNOWN, Fatima Obaid
- My Fight, Rusty (Ed) Gibson
- Remembering Poem, Kyle Schlicher
- In HIm Alone, david kush
- Irony of the world., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Don't Cry, Kyle Schlicher