Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
Letter To My Rose (Part A)
So down and weary I sojourn
Seeking but a comfort dose
To restore my dear strength out-worn
And then met you this cool rose.
Your blossoming so menacing;
Your appeal so magical;
Your tissues my nose be breathing;
Now long I but your petal.
Just as I walk into your world
So blossom deep into mine
And keep me warm to face the storm
And in the rain keep me thine.
In your blest ovary bury me;
Wind-shield me with your petal;
Change all around me 'cause of me;
Hold me, keep me magical.
Your filament I vow not break
As I thrust my fears on you
And you make me safe on your breath.
Oh blest I cause I found you!
Night will be a pretty beauty
With your petals round my side;
Coming from a pretty beauty
I can coolly face the rise.
The swirling of your soft petal
And the scent of your anther
Filling me like bliss eternal
And taking me the night far.
Oh rose, you must be from above
Wherefrom, dear, you so descend
For taking poor me to above
Making my spirit ascend.
Christian Tobechukwu Okafor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Letter To My Rose (Part A) by Christian Tobechukwu Okafor )
- Closed, Annalee Hopkins Somerville
- Iridescent, Adriana Avila
- Arcadian, Kumarmani Mahakul
- A Hidden Angry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- irritating rash, lee fones
- Feeling Love, Sandra Feldman
- so in other words, i feel for two, Mandolyn ...
- Text time, george albot
- Deep Friendship, Sandra Feldman
- The Mighty Tumbler, Samya Bose
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)