Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
Letter To My Rose (Part D)
Just like polished gold among stones,
My pink rose blooms tall and pretty!
My eyes closed but my eyes awake,
Lo, a vision of ecstasy!
The sprawling light from the soft sun
Makes you all dazzling to my sight
Standing before your pink anthers,
See'ng brimming life in your pinkness.
As your pollens dance off coolly
Breezed by the wind on to my skin,
They bring coolness under the sun
And warmth alike in shrill coldness.
So pretty and graceful are you
Just like the delicate blossom,
Unveiling your enduring grace
And gentle charm like the diamond.
Your soft pink petals fill my nose
With love's unquenchable hunger
Crowning me with sweet killing thoughts;
Nestling my head in blissful dreams.
Your gracious life rains upon me
A joy standing out 'mong others,
And made whole by your love's wholeness,
I say ‘thank you' for all your love.
Christian Tobechukwu Okafor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Letter To My Rose (Part D) by Christian Tobechukwu Okafor )
- POITIERS AND BEYOND., Terry Collett
- Jadavpur Universiy Campus Turf, Romeo An.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Let Me Display Your Pennant , Jonathan ROBIN
- UNTIL THEN, TIJANI ADEBOWALE DESTINY
- Life is a chasing game,, Aftab Alam
- The midnight scream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- It calls your name., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dogs, Cinzia Wills
- Interminable Wanderer, Cinzia Wills
- The Sky, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)