People often say
‘you’re born as an empty page’
perhaps awaiting a script
or someday, to write your own _
but life’s twists and turns
add a flurry of uninvited guests.
Some may ruffle or turn your world
Some roads are dead ends
and some are blocked
while life leads you down
a different path.
Few get to travel along
the same road for too long
and maybe that’s a good thing,
or maybe not?
I hope your road is smooth,
lined with friendly faces
to ease your way
and help if times get tough
Life is a big conundrum,
why are you here,
where are you going,
who are your allies?
It’s a perverse play,
your opening lines have been written
but the ending is not yet spun
and the scenes go quickly by.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life's Play by Ruth Walters )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Revolution Brings Salvation, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Unity (Haiku), Diwakar Pokhriyal
- A Visit to the Unique Place, rohan bendre
- Yes, Mother Nature Teaches Bards..., Dr John Celes
- Tonic Pain, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- In the Absence of Light, F. J. Thomas
- Give me a drink, Diana Rosser
- White Power, F. J. Thomas
- Sweet Dreams, Sambanath Denis
- My unjust God, Nalini Chaturvedi