Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
Living With A Stranger
The sun weakens, the moon strengthens,
Resolve of my elbow ebbs down.
Thus, to nature’s call I lunge forth
To hug my home for a quiescence
But too bad hug I a stone face
Which nearly stones out my life’s breath,
Stone shivers coursing down my spine.
Sorely, I lay my head anest,
My sore face craned away from her,
My heart so heavy with the wound,
But try calm I my sp’rit for rest.
The night fares off, morn bids onwards
Though ne’er assured of better end.
How’ver, thanks for fresh hope at least.
To the day’s calling I wake up;
’gain I stand up to my now fiend,
My once ever-thought sweetest friend.
So, I dash out for a fresh breath,
My little orb gay to its breadth.
Sun dusks, moon dawns; I’m enfeebled
As I face ’gain my reality.
Christian Tobechukwu Okafor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Living With A Stranger by Christian Tobechukwu Okafor )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- He Is Producing One Child After Another .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Beach Glass, Raymond A. Foss
- eitihasik bhoolein, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH
- Naat (Jo dilon ko fatha kar le wuhi fata.., Akhtar Jawad
- Ode to a Mood, David Podlipny
- bharat ki gareebi, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH
- Real hell, Amitie Abedi
- I'll Never Leave You, Michael P. McParland
- NeverEnding Story Tanka, Chenou Liu
- A stranger, MOHAMMAD SKATI