London (1957 - 2010)
Glad to be on a train heading north,
away from the London of the uncouth,
where the milk of kindness ceased to flow
such a long, long time ago.
Malnourished souls rushing to and fro,
always in a hurry, somewhere to go,
with no time to spare for me and you.
We hear of the war years, the blitz too,
of friendships forged and good deeds to do;
but this is a far cry from the London I know.
Could it be that time made Londoners so,
or is it me who has a blinkered view.
Isam Hussain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (London (1957 - 2010) by Isam Hussain )
- The Daughter of the Earth - 21, gajanan mishra
- Self - Raising, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sunshine In Your Eyes, Eleonor Santiago
- Run, run, run and running, gajanan mishra
- Run, run, run, gajanan mishra
- What About Tomorrow, Claude H Oliver II
- My Time, Claude H Oliver II
- The ball, gajanan mishra
- Thousand Lullabies, Eleonor Santiago
- Highest Sky, Eleonor Santiago
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)