London (1957 - 2010)
Glad to be on a train heading north,
away from the London of the uncouth,
where the milk of kindness ceased to flow
such a long, long time ago.
Malnourished souls rushing to and fro,
always in a hurry, somewhere to go,
with no time to spare for me and you.
We hear of the war years, the blitz too,
of friendships forged and good deeds to do;
but this is a far cry from the London I know.
Could it be that time made Londoners so,
or is it me who has a blinkered view.
Isam Hussain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (London (1957 - 2010) by Isam Hussain )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Selective basis, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -38, Ronjoy Brahma
- white paper, binod bastola
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -37, Ronjoy Brahma
- Rename the sun, gajanan mishra
- Hold color, hasmukh amathalal
- NATURE'S FRAGRANCE, Romeo Della Valle
- Evolution, Is It Poetry
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -36, Ronjoy Brahma
- Tomorrow, Tony Adah