Sometimes I think
What I wish or want
I always do not have that
Or I may tell
God does not grant.
But later I know the scene
Behind the curtain that was hidden
For my benefit and wellbeing
My desire God had forbidden!
Though in past I cried for that
Now I feel content in losing
And realize why we lose something
The joys after sorrows like water bubbles
our God will always bring!
Alok Mishra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Losing Something! by Alok Mishra )
- Stepping Into Your Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- this poem, Bull Hawking
- Revealed From Pretentions Concealed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Ego Control, Ali Faisal
- Coming Home, Randy McClave
- what is this? i don't even..., Mandolyn ...
- Today is but tomorrow..., David Lessard
- Sa hagupit ni Yolanda, nagkabuhol-buhol, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- At Nights, Madrason writer
- Trajectorya ng masuyong hampas-lupa, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)