Love OR Not
When I was younger I was taught to love,
To love anything and everything.
As I get older I have learned that to be a lie.
I had loved animals, people, teachers; everything,
but it was always taken from me at some point or
another by something unknown.
Animals by death or rules.
People by god's will or theirs.
Teachers when I moved grades or schools.
Everything at some point or another.
Now I am afraid to love.
I have loved before, and they were taken away,
like every thing else.
I had boys in my life before, and they were taken away.
One's mom called me the Devil's child to my face.
My mom took another by calling him, that was that.
My whole life has been about love.
Recently I changed that.
I loved a boy and he loved me back,
but that wasn't enough.
I pushed him away.
I was afraid to love again until some one showed me how.
Not every one's the same, and I can always love again.
Miranda Will's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love OR Not by Miranda Will )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
kitz d budding poet
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Schoon Poepske, Madrason writer
- Your Heart To Mine, Michael P. McParland
- Motivation, Kim Lee
- A life without pain, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- BLUE, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Mental Torment, Kim Lee
- Волшебная прогулка по лесу., Alexander Smetanin
- To Be A Man Is Most Important, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Croc a Smile, Ima Ryma
- Judgement Call, bryan wallace