Love OR Not
When I was younger I was taught to love,
To love anything and everything.
As I get older I have learned that to be a lie.
I had loved animals, people, teachers; everything,
but it was always taken from me at some point or
another by something unknown.
Animals by death or rules.
People by god's will or theirs.
Teachers when I moved grades or schools.
Everything at some point or another.
Now I am afraid to love.
I have loved before, and they were taken away,
like every thing else.
I had boys in my life before, and they were taken away.
One's mom called me the Devil's child to my face.
My mom took another by calling him, that was that.
My whole life has been about love.
Recently I changed that.
I loved a boy and he loved me back,
but that wasn't enough.
I pushed him away.
I was afraid to love again until some one showed me how.
Not every one's the same, and I can always love again.
Miranda Will's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love OR Not by Miranda Will )
- 12 Paths, Edward Kofi Louis
- In The Game, Edward Kofi Louis
- Prostitutes, Leong Ming Loong
- Do you have a bird?, Floy Dy (Floyd) Ra (Floydson)
- Frydenlund, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Limit Of Money., Tony Adah
- Haiku ' Help ', miken newman
- Part Of Nature, Edward Kofi Louis
- Hope, Khairul Ahsan
- Lawful And Right, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- November, Thomas Hood
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Robert Louis Stevenson
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)