Love OR Not
When I was younger I was taught to love,
To love anything and everything.
As I get older I have learned that to be a lie.
I had loved animals, people, teachers; everything,
but it was always taken from me at some point or
another by something unknown.
Animals by death or rules.
People by god's will or theirs.
Teachers when I moved grades or schools.
Everything at some point or another.
Now I am afraid to love.
I have loved before, and they were taken away,
like every thing else.
I had boys in my life before, and they were taken away.
One's mom called me the Devil's child to my face.
My mom took another by calling him, that was that.
My whole life has been about love.
Recently I changed that.
I loved a boy and he loved me back,
but that wasn't enough.
I pushed him away.
I was afraid to love again until some one showed me how.
Not every one's the same, and I can always love again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love OR Not by Miranda Will )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Simón Bolívar Day, Richard Thripp
- Death Denizens, Richard Thripp
- March to past, SALINI NAIR
- Elements Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Inner Freedom's Equality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Missing a loved mate, Ananta Madhavan
- Tears Imprisoned, The Astronomer
- Night Of Creative Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Another Love Story..., John Ugolo Umah
- nothing says nothing like this, Mandolyn Davidson