Love OR Not
When I was younger I was taught to love,
To love anything and everything.
As I get older I have learned that to be a lie.
I had loved animals, people, teachers; everything,
but it was always taken from me at some point or
another by something unknown.
Animals by death or rules.
People by god's will or theirs.
Teachers when I moved grades or schools.
Everything at some point or another.
Now I am afraid to love.
I have loved before, and they were taken away,
like every thing else.
I had boys in my life before, and they were taken away.
One's mom called me the Devil's child to my face.
My mom took another by calling him, that was that.
My whole life has been about love.
Recently I changed that.
I loved a boy and he loved me back,
but that wasn't enough.
I pushed him away.
I was afraid to love again until some one showed me how.
Not every one's the same, and I can always love again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love OR Not by Miranda Will )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Changes Can Be Painful, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Rain Affects Incident Light, mary douglas
- Maypole Dancing Dulcet As Spring, mary douglas
- Wish to Say Something, V P Mahur
- Nuclear Love, Monk E. Biz
- Wish Day Or Wash Day And Combine, mary douglas
- Giving Praise (Cor.), Margaret Alice Second
- Princess Sakura (Regional Japan), Ronald Chapman
- What The Crab Told His Children, Tony Adah
- I've been sloppy losing you, Mark Heathcote