Time passes us by and the days grow dim,
I find myself getting caught up in the world's activities
but don't know how to balance them.
Gradually my mind gives way to other chores…
next thing you know the seasons have changed
The months race by and hours do not cease,
my emotions for you suddenly decrease.
My feelings become hardened and my eyes are blocked,
regrettably I cannot see your broken heart.
The worldly duties have torn us apart, nowadays
I have become a slave to my selfish ways.
Due to my actions,
I denied you love and satisfaction.
Problems have arise and our affections have died,
I was blind to the hurt and tears you hide.
You waited patiently for me to pull you near
so you could hear those special three words that are so dear.
I must take heed; acknowledge your needs
and say…I am sorry for my foolish deeds.
Here I stand with these gesture and expression to say,
I will love you always.
Naomi Johnson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love's Acknowledgement by Naomi Johnson )
- I Do Not Know Your Name, Elia Michael
- Poor Birds of Cage, Pius Didier
- Christmas Differences, Melissa Furey
- Celebration, Shruti Goswami
- Leave Behind, Shruti Goswami
- Unceremonious, Shruti Goswami
- Restful Nights, Margaret Moran
- Qwerty, Edward Kofi Louis
- Watch over The Laws, Edward Kofi Louis
- 12 Paths, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dulce et Decorum Est, Wilfred Owen
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)