Time passes us by and the days grow dim,
I find myself getting caught up in the world's activities
but don't know how to balance them.
Gradually my mind gives way to other chores…
next thing you know the seasons have changed
The months race by and hours do not cease,
my emotions for you suddenly decrease.
My feelings become hardened and my eyes are blocked,
regrettably I cannot see your broken heart.
The worldly duties have torn us apart, nowadays
I have become a slave to my selfish ways.
Due to my actions,
I denied you love and satisfaction.
Problems have arise and our affections have died,
I was blind to the hurt and tears you hide.
You waited patiently for me to pull you near
so you could hear those special three words that are so dear.
I must take heed; acknowledge your needs
and say…I am sorry for my foolish deeds.
Here I stand with these gesture and expression to say,
I will love you always.
Naomi Johnson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love's Acknowledgement by Naomi Johnson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Hooker Nadine Gordimer, Richard Thripp
- swallow, mina lotfi
- hey ass-wipe, i love you, Mandolyn ...
- The Mystery Of Word, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Men who see no day, Zimba Sundrogo
- Handsome and king, hasmukh amathalal
- Stoned by sadness, Nalini Chaturvedi
- The Goodness of a Life-mate (Section-6 .., rajendran muthiah
- Heart to, hasmukh amathalal
- An Ode to my Tree, Kelly Curiel