K. Jared Hosein
(Love) September Girl
All I want to breathe is your hair,
The mocha delight of the skin that you wear.
I want you to be the light on the dark side of me,
The sun rays upon my snow
And the blue jays that soar free.
The light that flickers in my iris is for you,
The smile curved on lips,
The blush on my cheek, that gentle hue
Is for no one but you.
I want the sonata of your voice
To lull me to sleep each night,
To the moonlit river to tomorrow, awakening to your celestial sight.
The September wind being as gentle as the kisses we share,
September skies that I will paint for you each year.
You are my lily pads in the reflection of the lake,
September waters from my moonlit river,
Dawning of a September wake.
My firelight circle of hope
Emanating in embers alit in the September rain.
My September carousel of white horses keeps turning,
All my soul within me burning
My sainted angel for whom angels give envy.
Flirt and flutter around my September moon.
I'm sick of the other months in this world,
So flirt and flutter to me soon,
My September girl.
K. Jared Hosein's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((Love) September Girl by K. Jared Hosein )
- Transfer, Suresh Dogra
- The Time, Karunanidhy Shanmugam
- Our Promise, michael walkerjohn
- Future's Creed, michael walkerjohn
- Seven Bowls, michael walkerjohn
- Fear's Embrace, michael walkerjohn
- A Good Song, tolu ogundare
- The People Worry, michael walkerjohn
- Light Lost, michael walkerjohn
- Reflecting, Josh Terpening
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- The Frog and The Nightingale, Vikram Seth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)