Mama Is A Soldier
Oh, there's one thing I know
Mama is a soldier
Lo, a dossier as long as it gets
No loud talk, overdrawn...
Nothing I could do or say would amount
Thank you, gave and gave without
and the grace was so amazing to me
Keep the faith and we can make it when
The tank is on E
Short changing? Please...
Mama paid a fee for
And she put her own dreams on the seat for her children
Only had a couple of dollars but it seemed like a million
Watching mama make the projects out to be like the villa
Remember? Spotting mama in the kitchen
Fixing meals with
Even if she didn't eat... still would fill your stomach
I could never pay you back but here's a...
Just to let you know I'm thankful and...
And I really love you
I won't do a lot of talking like a filibuster
It's impossible for me to
And you wasn't sugarcoating it but keeping it straight
Everything you ever told me...
I can see it today
And I appreciate your
Kindness... that means everything
So, I'm thankful
And I'm hoping you retain these mediocre lines
Stay encouraged 'cause the best's
And I didn't really manage to explain it
Even though I tried
But it's purpose...
Have a blessed Mother's Day!
With love, your son
Dexsta Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mama Is A Soldier by Dexsta Ray )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Rock-built Temples of India, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Working Man, K.J. Jackson
- I Was About To, Neela Nath
- Saying Goodbye, Myanna Williams
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -34, Ronjoy Brahma
- India You Do Not Know, I Do Not Know, Bijay Kant Dubey
- SeaWorld the Orcas Wish to go Home!, Rachel Nichols
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -33, Ronjoy Brahma
- Crazy Mary, Midnights Voice
- Creative Solutions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak