The bringer of light comes over the hill,
A resonant day is stirring.
In the rose tinted mist of the morning,
Dragonflies briskly come whirring.
Marshland musicians from Cattail Pond,
In long trilling preludes to spring,
Awake and inspire the resident choir,
And the red-winged blackbirds sing.
Pretty miss bird has assuredly heard,
The heart of the young balladeer,
Red epaulets flare conspicuously,
The message he's sending is clear.
More songsters arrive, the marsh comes alive,
Bouncing with improvisation,
Carefree indifference is merrily shown,
To irrelevant non-syncopation.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Marshland Musicians by Connie Yost )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Example, Edgar Albert Guest
- Service, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Call, Edgar Albert Guest
- Tears Of Bereavement, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Denial, Edgar Albert Guest
- 87 kilometers away from you, Utsav Patel
- Clueless, Utsav Patel
- Soulfully Speaking, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Karmic lessons, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Significant Hope, RoseAnn V. Shawiak