T Ebi Ken Jemine
Mind Against Time
Out of sight is out of mind,
As the saying goes...
But only if the mind can let go
Of the things that the poor blind
Mind can not see or foresee.
Time will tell, as the saying goes
Time has come and gone, still here
You're still in the mind like still-water
Wish, one could pressed rewind and pause
Forward and pressed play again.
The time is ticking forward,
The mind is thinking backward.
When the wind blow the mind, the dusts withhold to die
The mind sees better than the eyes,
When time is unfriendly running past Usain
The mind handles pen better the hand
Imagine the time and mind becoming friends,
Minding one another, Timing one another...
Time and time again, mind is made up
You'll live in my mind forever.
You're out of sight but live in my mind
It's like mind against time.
But, mind had stood the test of time,
You will be and ever remain here in my mind for time
T Ebi Ken Jemine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mind Against Time by T Ebi Ken Jemine )
- Intensity Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Oh, Music O`mine Heart, Sir Toby
- I AM WORRIED, Aftab Alam
- Christmas Wish, Sentamu Aziz
- Awake to Work, Sentamu Aziz
- Abducted, Edward Kofi Louis
- Young Days' Flashback, Sentamu Aziz
- Bells Of Joy, Sentamu Aziz
- Happy Memories, Kwai Chee Low
- Lust for Life, Kwai Chee Low
Poem of the Day
- Blackberry-Picking, Seamus Heaney
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Prison Cell, Mahmoud Darwish
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)