T Ebi Ken Jemine
Mind Against Time
Out of sight is out of mind,
As the saying goes...
But only if the mind can let go
Of the things that the poor blind
Mind can not see or foresee.
Time will tell, as the saying goes
Time has come and gone, still here
You're still in the mind like still-water
Wish, one could pressed rewind and pause
Forward and pressed play again.
The time is ticking forward,
The mind is thinking backward.
When the wind blow the mind, the dusts withhold to die
The mind sees better than the eyes,
When time is unfriendly running past Usain
The mind handles pen better the hand
Imagine the time and mind becoming friends,
Minding one another, Timing one another...
Time and time again, mind is made up
You'll live in my mind forever.
You're out of sight but live in my mind
It's like mind against time.
But, mind had stood the test of time,
You will be and ever remain here in my mind for time
T Ebi Ken Jemine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mind Against Time by T Ebi Ken Jemine )
- The wind brings warning, xeno drone
- My nature is to write, gajanan mishra
- Two Rings, Shannon Paterson
- Dreams Incarnate, Dylan Engelbrecht
- The Rose, Neela Nath
- No one to question, hasmukh amathalal
- She does, hasmukh amathalal
- Multi-dimensional; heavens?, Mark Heathcote
- Watch, ramesh rai
- You Know I Do, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)