Modern Day Romeo and Juliet
Romeo, I am waiting for you
What I want to know, is
Where are you?
Will you ever come?
Don’t make me wait much longer,
Romeo, please take me from my Prison
Of this small town
And the parents of all control
They won’t let me see you
And they don’t understand
That I have to see you. I love you.
I’ll be waiting for you
Every night waiting for you
To throw rocks at my window
And for you to wait for me
To come and visit you in your dreams
Your dreams of you and me.
I spend every night
Thinking of you and of
What will be soon
But cannot be yet
But will be as soon as
It is possible for me to see you.
Please come and save me, my Romeo
You mean so much to me
I have always loved you
And I always will
Please never forget me
Until I see you next.
They can’t keep you from me
Although they will try hard
Isn’t it true, that
What’s meant to be, will always find a way?
I hope so-cuz we are meant to be.
I just wish they knew that
And that we didn’t have to hide how we feel about each other
From everyone that knows us
Every time we are together
We have to be careful
Of not getting caught.
We have to be so careful
In what we say to each other
And what we do together
Cuz I live in fear that if something happens
You could be taken from me
And that would hurt me.
This world is cruel
Will it ever be what it should be?
I don’t know
All I know is I love you
And I need you.
Karley Kay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Modern Day Romeo and Juliet by Karley Kay )
- When Negligence falls in love!, Beloufa Chahra
- Over And Out Of Your Life, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Mosque, Wani Rahil
- A Vision, nadia abduljabbar
- Distance, Beloufa Chahra
- Child's Grace, Randy McClave
- The Many Worlds Of Multiverses, Is It Poetry
- Meaningful Treasures, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Control, Garrett Doff
- Thoughts, Garrett Doff
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Negro Mother, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Rose that Grew from Concrete, Tupac Shakur
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)