Giorgio A. V.
Lone the gitan walks on the crest,
the cap becomes his silent friend,
close to unseen free eagles nest,
on basalt rock of the montagne.
The winds transmit dispersed his words,
down grassy earths' deep watersheds,
along the brow, but he's not heard.
where fierce the winds cut souls to shreds.
And there in cold, amid the winds,
the lone gitan stares up to stars,
t' escarpments and granite ridge,
wrongful with grief his soul will mar.
The lone gitan flies from the cairn,
of the volcanic iced montagne,
the winds in crags transmit concern,
for his surreal flight to campagne.
And there he sings along the brae,
his voice deflects on slopes to cling,
while solitude will wear today,
golden betrothal sapphire ring.
Giorgio A. V.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
(An Iambic tetrameter)
Comments about this poem (Montagne by Giorgio A. V. )
- Futurism Today, Peter Jay Shippy
- Soul, Peter Jay Shippy
- Shadow of Death, Tosin Abegunde
- Graceful ghost rag, Peter Jay Shippy
- The State-Progress Of Ill, Lord Edward Herbert of Cherb ..
- On the perilous effects of buried alien .., Peter Jay Shippy
- To Heal a Weakling Child, Peter Jay Shippy
- Reading Rilke's Sonnets to Children, Peter Jay Shippy
- Sonnet on the Author's Birthday, Robert Burns
- Promises, Ahmed Tawfik
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)