My Brother, Gone Too Soon
Tanner, we will miss you so much.
We all love you and wish you could come back.
Oh, brother of mine,
Why did you have to go?
We all miss you so much,
I'm sure your heart still glows.
You left so suddenly,
To soon for all of us.
Never again will we hug,
In family trust.
You were so young,
And still so healthy.
God had other plans,
A prayer is now said, silently.
I can't express my sorrow,
Or anyone else's, for that matter.
In your death we will mourn,
Even years after.
If only you could be here,
To come back to stay,
'Tanner, we love you! '
Everyone would say.
Irreversible is death,
An unfortunate truth.
You went to heaven,
Still in your youth.
Max Dunlap's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Brother, Gone Too Soon by Max Dunlap )
- My Time, Claude H Oliver II
- The ball, gajanan mishra
- Thousand Lullabies, Eleonor Santiago
- Highest Sky, Eleonor Santiago
- Paradise Rhyme, Eleonor Santiago
- To the Depths, Eleonor Santiago
- Angels on t he Shoulder, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Your Face, Eleonor Santiago
- You are, Ronnie Rox
- Could Been Girl That Died Today, Adeosun Olamide
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(15 September 1889 – 22 May 1948)