Nyota Yasulwe (08/08/1970 / Kenya)
My Lovely Flower
I thank God for my lovely flower
For there are millions who are ignorant of her existance,
The enchanting aroma that is with her,
Or her charm that makes me to always keep thinking,
I am fascinated that she was wonderfully made,
Then just kept for me to find one day.
Seeing her is like waking up at dawn to bath in the Sun's rays
She has harmless attraction like a colorful butterfly,
Or a bright flower always sort by the bees for it's beauty,
Not forgetting it's sweet nectar also!
That is my sweet Sweetie.
The flower is far from me and I cannot smell the aroma now,
Last night I went to dreamland where I hoped to find my flower Then I woke up this morning to melodious sounds,
Sounds of chirping birds in the nearby tree as if to praise her,
Thinking about my flower.
I want to tend and care for this flower,
So that she may produce more flowers like herself,
O flower! Remain that lovely forever.
Poet Other Poems
- Beautiful drought!
- Cold Day At Work
- Daddy and Lovely Daughter
- Daddy I kissed a girl, I confess!
- Dreaming about Sweetie gives me hope
- Evening Without You Sweetie
- Fire In My Heart
- Flower in Loveland!
- Good morning kiss
- Home, sweet home is home with daddy!
- I am Healthy by Loving You Sweetie
- I Decided to Love My Sweet Sweetie
- I love to dream about my sweet Sweetie!
- I love you even when afar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.