a kid i was when
my life enjoying
screaming and shouting
but then i got ten
for the first time i grew
and came to know what life is?
it was when
i learnt what pain is?
i came to know what being alone is?
a girl i was then
who had pains deep
not letting her sleep
then i wrote with pen
what my heart would say
what if i was happy and gay?
searched i for long then
the happiness lost
in the cold and frost
still searching for them
i am here all alone
and then will i be gone
gule rukhsar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Story by gule rukhsar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- affix me to your infinity, Mandolyn ...
- One Entire Little Puzzle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Young people, hasmukh amathalal
- The lesson, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Animal Rights(A Surrogate Hen), U Win Kyi
- Violence in silence, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Conscience, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Compassionate Bondage, Monk E. Biz
- Flowers on my feet, Cigeng Zhang
- what do you think, Edgar Stevenson