My Words Come Down
My words come down not by my choosing,
My stands are not by choice.
Theh're determined more by happenstance.
I loved a little girl, was once when I a child.
Every once in a while I dream of her
and wonder what became of her wile.
My muse stands as sentinel
Guards all my thoughts to word.
Darkeyed woman that she is
Silently twisting her curls.
There is a hollowness remaining in my chest
Where life was excavated, to be reclaimed
upon my death.
Still I wonder of the little girl,
The stars, and love and death.
My muse stares back at me saying,
'And God forsake the rest.'
Midnights Voice's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Words Come Down by Midnights Voice )
Did you read them?
- Does He Tell Her About Me?, Emma R. Kessler
- Evil's ugly makers, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- LOVE, Nicholas Campbell
- I'm So Lonely, Emma R. Kessler
- THE KING, Nicholas Campbell
- Fair Exchange?, John F. McCullagh
- When I Lost You, Emma R. Kessler
- Sleepyhead, Mark R. Elias
- Lover, Emma R. Kessler
- Bitter love, ontomu william
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns