My Words Come Down
My words come down not by my choosing,
My stands are not by choice.
Theh're determined more by happenstance.
I loved a little girl, was once when I a child.
Every once in a while I dream of her
and wonder what became of her wile.
My muse stands as sentinel
Guards all my thoughts to word.
Darkeyed woman that she is
Silently twisting her curls.
There is a hollowness remaining in my chest
Where life was excavated, to be reclaimed
upon my death.
Still I wonder of the little girl,
The stars, and love and death.
My muse stares back at me saying,
'And God forsake the rest.'
Midnights Voice's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Words Come Down by Midnights Voice )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- 'My Christmas Prayer' (For all who have .., Linda Winchell
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- The Song of Krishna, Shahrokh Sharifrazy
- My Christmas Wishes, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- What a Concept is this Love, Shahrokh Sharifrazy
- Sri Ramakrishna (1836 - 1886), Tushar Ray
- Love Is, Kristen Brown
- Poetry in Motion, Shahrokh Sharifrazy
- Nothing I Fear, Kristen Brown
- Tantalizing, Kristen Brown
- Your Heart Be At Ease (Rewrite), Kristen Brown
- Rosewater (Rewrite), Kristen Brown