My Words Come Down
My words come down not by my choosing,
My stands are not by choice.
Theh're determined more by happenstance.
I loved a little girl, was once when I a child.
Every once in a while I dream of her
and wonder what became of her wile.
My muse stands as sentinel
Guards all my thoughts to word.
Darkeyed woman that she is
Silently twisting her curls.
There is a hollowness remaining in my chest
Where life was excavated, to be reclaimed
upon my death.
Still I wonder of the little girl,
The stars, and love and death.
My muse stares back at me saying,
'And God forsake the rest.'
Midnights Voice's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Words Come Down by Midnights Voice )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Cutting Edges Plaguing, Terence G. Craddock
- Curse, MAD DEW
- Nature's Glory, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- A SECRET, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life Image Distortions, Terence G. Craddock
- From Chibok With Love, Adeosun Olamide
- Happy Teacher's Day,2014, India, Dr John Celes
- Established To Accept, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I Feel So Stupid, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Thatch and Kilimanjaro, lee fones