L C Vieira
No Backup Plan
I'm no backup plan
no second choice,
I won't be his
'wait and see'
or comfy shoe,
on a cold night
when he's tired
from all the looking.
I'm no 'wannabe'
or has been.
I've been, I am,
I will be
with or without him
and his delusions
that the oyster's his.
He eats. He's gone.
I'm still here,
holding the ocean.
L C Vieira's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Backup Plan by L C Vieira )
- God's Kind of Poetry: My Well of Wellness, tolu ogundare
- Locution, location!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Scotland: My Love Renewed, Paul Gerard Reed
- Rosalinda, Edward Kofi Louis
- Losing Your Temper, Edward Kofi Louis
- Testing Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To Watch My Steps, Edward Kofi Louis
- Must Not Withdraw, Zulfiqar Ali Bhatti
- To blow the scent of flowers of friendsh.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Badagry, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)