OBE State of Mind
from this OBE state of mind
where learning is learning is learning
go to trash,
empty recycle bin.
replete with lewd commentary
and f*** me for thinking
that learning is progress without proper process.
Because class after class
I sit and take notes on my BBM
and update status,
and rewind what you just said
and half wittingly write down
a half-wits perception
on what education ought to be.
I blame others
for my miseducation
when I misrepresent myself
and add insult to injury when I
get my degree and
think I am Aristotle or Sophocles.
Ranting and raving my own inadequacies,
too smart to see
that I am
and therefore I think,
and sit staring and blinking.
I said it,
therefore it must be true...
don't believe me?
Read my degree...
PhD in illusion and mind ruled
by my own confusion.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (OBE State of Mind by Chad Brevis )
- Long before my birth (cavatina), Gert Strydom
- Let Me Be Her<3, Nautica Moxley
- Absalom, Gert Strydom
- Freedom Is Calling, Tony Adah
- God and Guru, gajanan mishra
- Left Naked And Exposed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Birth day, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- TWILIGHT, Meggie Gultiano
- Morning prayers., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Favorite Quote, Nautica Moxley
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(18 November 1939)