On Sky Drive II
For seven days he wandered as a ghost,
where souls of other dimensions had lived;
the times forgot his falsities that heaved,
in dark nimbus and a mist covered coast.
He walked on sand for many miles and then
strongholds appeared hazy in dusk distance,
it was a cry of wolf to sown instance,
and two scholastic birds to croak again.
The roses died.. The colors dyed in rain;
None interrupted the silent grayness,
thus strong the dusk stooped in his emptiness,
outcast lives of begotten seeds in vain.
Calm, Master Death came to engulf him thrice,
forsooth freed cold as for twenty five
odd days the brave went to sleep on sky drive,
lost spirit left his winter pray on ice.
Wounded the chords of time harped in union,
a stalwart's solitude's upon the waves;
he visioned a pasture in his mind caves,
in the narrow cell, he drunk communion.
Giorgio Venetopoulos's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
An Iambic Pentameter poem, following ABBA etc. rhymes.
Comments about this poem (On Sky Drive II by Giorgio Venetopoulos )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Copy Paper, Edgar Albert Guest
- Autumn Evenings, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Lost Purse, Edgar Albert Guest
- Mother's Party Dress, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Comedian, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Evening Prayer, Edgar Albert Guest
- Thoughts Of A Father, Edgar Albert Guest
- His Dog, Edgar Albert Guest
- Living Flowers, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Old Timer Pallas'Cat - Lincoln Park .., Ima Ryma