Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
One Must Be areful
When the emptiness of time steals in...
Perhaps you've been sitting too long doing nothing
Except parading back through streets of dreams
That did not come true or were ignored because
Bigger dreams would be answered if you just wished or prayed long and hard enough.
One must be careful, knocking on doors
Of the past that cannot be opened for/to any
Best move on traveling the roads of today.
You might stumble, but so what...hills are there
To trudge up with all your strength, being sure not to look back.
The gardens of yesterday are beautiful in books of treasured memories.
We forget the work it took to make it so...
One must be careful, living too long in the past
Allowing someone else to steal away the possibility Of the promised happiness of today.
One must be careful, steadfast...watch the little creatures of nature...worth having is worth stretching for always looking ahead!
Dorothy Alves Holmes
A Poet Who Loves To Sing
Published February 08,2013
Dorothy (Alves) Holmes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One Must Be areful by Dorothy (Alves) Holmes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Happy Teacher's Day,2014, India, Dr John Celes
- Established To Accept, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I Feel So Stupid, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Thatch and Kilimanjaro, lee fones
- GAZA'S TRIUMPH IS EVERYONE'S انتصار غزة .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- How, George Egba
- I Called Out To Love, Lora Colon
- Pages Of Unlimited Potential, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Woman, callum marvin
- Interior Light Shining, RoseAnn V. Shawiak